Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I cannot believe it is week 7 of 10 for the autumn semester. So much has happened but there is so much more that I want to do. Lewes Bonfire night was the scariest and greatest night ever. It is defiantly my new favorite holiday. Sadly no where in America would that much fire be allowed. Ireland this weekend! I'm so excited to go, as a little kid I always wanted to move to Ireland.

The past couple of weeks have been great. I've started two of my final papers which is almost an odd feeling. I am a person who always waits til the last min but with 3 papers and a composition to complete it would be difficult to wait. Any time I have down time I try to complete work, I don't want to miss a single opportunity to go out in Brighton, London or anywhere else. I don't want to leave. All of us here have joked about purposefully missing our flights back. Coming here has changed a lot of what of thought about doing with my life. I always wanted to stay in NY for school but coming here for grad school is now one of my top options. It's also given me a different perspective on America. I thought coming over here that people hated Americans but that really isn't the case, they almost paint a caricature of us that makes you really think what do we put out to the world, and how could we even begin to change it. Its even odd going to the clubs hearing mainly America music that they all know but then hearing British music that we in America never hear. Being here has also taught me to take risk and go for as many opportunities as you can. Never before has the phrase you only live once been more appropriate.

To sum up this whole post this is the best place I have ever been lol. If you are reading this and have the chance study at University of Sussex!

No comments:

Post a Comment