Tuesday, September 21, 2010

How is September almost over!?

I can't believe that September almost over. Soon all of the British students will be moving in and instead of one class twice a week I start four. It seems so odd because even though I've had to a long presentation and essay, I haven't felt like I'm in school yet. It's like a vacation. Because only international students are here in September they have been going on special trips. We've been on a tour of London, including a boat ride on the Thames, visited Stonehenge and the Roman Baths, and even went to the Globe theater to see Henry IV part I. Every Tuesday we go to a pub called the King and Queen in Brighton for karaoke night and Thursdays is trivia.

The main city right here is Brighton and it's amazing. It's right on the beach and there are buses ever 5 mins from campus to get you there. The large Brighton pier has all different ride and arcade games that are open til late at night. The old roller coast was the scariest ride I've ever been on. A couple blocks from the pier are the lanes. The lanes are small back streets with out traffic that have cute and funky shops of all kinds. My two favorites so far are the customizing store where every piece is unique and almost 80's patchwork looking, and the crazy futuristic techno store where all the clothes react to black light.

I'll probably post again later this week but for now its last day of class end of the semester dinner and time to finish my term paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment